For those of us who are not afraid to be stared at, I have come across another interesting fitness product. The Zensah Leg Sleeves. What are they and how do they work?
Zensah Leg Sleeves are said to provide the following benefits:
- Provide dual action support to the calf and shin area,
- Improve oxygen blood flow allowing harder training and faster recovery,
- The chevron ribbing reduces the risk of shin splints, and
- The pinpoint compression provides calf support
Well, they look like socks that are missing the foot portion. They are made from a proprietary seamless material and feel wonderful on the skin. I immediately noticed my calves felt cooler and more relaxed. The material design and composition is supposed to increase circulation and I found that my legs felt much “fresher” during and after exercise. Exercises varied from trail running to circuit training at the gym.
The Zensah Leg Sleeves are also refreshing to wear during recovery periods after exercise. For those of us who wear Vibram Five Finger shoes, these Leg Sleeves provide extra support that our calves need since we are activating so many more of our muscles. My legs were noticeably less sore after running in my Vibrams while wearing the Zensah sleeves. In short, the Zensah Leg Sleeves are a great companion to my Five Finger Shoes.
- Zensah Leg Sleeves are priced at $39.99 retail and are available in various sizes for any shape and an array or colors for the fashion conscious.
Related – Vibram Five Fingers Running Shoes
* Published by JPFreek Adventure Magazine – The leader in Jeep and adventure enthusiast publications.